Jump to Navigation

Claims For Permanent Loss Of Function, Scarring And Disfigurement

“Once I contacted Richard Hyman about my injured neck I no longer had to deal with the insurance adjuster or case manager. At this time I was dealing with other very stressful health concerns but with Richard on my case my stress level drop drastically. Once we got a court date and were in front of the judge he commented three different times that I had hired a very good lawyer. The settlement was better than I had hoped for.”
KN, Bellingham

An employee who is injured at work is entitled to specific compensation for any permanent loss of function, scarring or disfigurement that results from that injury.  Employees are entitled to compensation for any permanent loss to the following body parts or functions:

-leg, foot, hand, back, neck, teeth;

-organs such as lung, kidney, spleen, bowel;

-sexual function;

-eyesight, hearing, taste, smell.

The amount of compensation is calculated based upon the percentage loss of that body part.

Similarly, an employee whose injury results in permanent scarring or disfigurement is entitled to be compensated. However, the employee will only be compensated for scarring if the scar is on his face, neck or hands.  The amount of compensation is determined by the location of the scar or disfigurement and its size and degree of discoloration.

If the employee and insurance company cannot agree on the amount of compensation to which the employee is entitled, the employee may file a claim for those benefits.  ( Click here to learn more about the claims process at the Department of Industrial Accidents.) An experienced attorney can determine whether you are entitled to compensation for permanent loss of function, scarring or disfigurement, and can calculate the amount of that compensation.  Most importantly, he will be able to file a claim on your behalf if the insurance company is not willing to pay you the amount of compensation that you deserve.

The attorneys at Yellin & Hyman have the experience and dedication needed to properly handle your case.  With offices conveniently located in Franklin and Hyde Park, Yellin & Hyman is readily available to assist you with your most urgent and pressing legal needs.

Contact a Workers' Compensation Attorney for a free consultation

For more information or to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer, please contact Yellin & Hyman today.

Make sure that you are fully compensated for your injuries. Call our Franklin office at 508-528-8885 or our Hyde Park office at 617-361-5310. You can also e-mail us to learn more about our legal services.

Do You Have a Question?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Our Offices

Yellin & Hyman, P.C.
693 E. Central Street Suite 201
Franklin, MA 02038

Telephone: 508-528-8885
Fax: 508- 520-8993
Franklin Law Office Map

Yellin & Hyman, P.C.
1259 Hyde Park Avenue, Suite 128
Hyde Park, MA 02136

Telephone: 617-361-5310
Fax: 617-361-5334
Hyde Park Law Office Map


Help Desk Software