Boston Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys

"Richard Hyman always calls you to inform you of the status of the case...he always answered my calls. Always! He worked fast on my case and got me the most money." J.F., Framingham

Hyde Park and Franklin Car Accident Lawyers

If you are often the driver or a passenger of a motor vehicle in or around the Boston area, odds are that eventually you will be involved in a traffic accident due to the fault of another driver (or the driver of the car in which you were a passenger). It is also quite likely that at some point you may be injured as a result of an automobile accident. When that happens, there are various rights that you have under the automobile insurance policies of both the vehicle you were in at the time of the accident and of the other vehicle involved in the accident. This is true whether any of the vehicles involved in the accident was a car, truck, van, sport utility vehicle (SUV), taxi cab or, with a few exceptions, a motorcycle.

Click here to find out what to do if you are Injured in an Accident

When you are injured in a motor vehicle accident you may be entitled to receive compensation for your pain and suffering under the bodily injury portion of the automobile insurance policy of the driver responsible for the accident. If you were the operator of the vehicle at the time of the accident, you must be able to prove that the other driver was more at fault for the accident than you were in order to be entitled to collect for your pain and suffering. If you are a passenger, you would have the right of such a claim against the other driver and/or the driver of the car you were occupying, depending on who was at fault for the accident. In either case, whether a driver or passenger, you would also need to prove that, as a result of the accident, you either:

  • Incurred $2,000.00 in reasonable and necessary medical treatment;
  • Received a broken bone;
  • Have a permanent disfigurement or scar; or
  • Suffered a permanent loss of body functions.

These requirements are referred to as the Tort Threshold- what is necessary in order to have the legal right to sue for the pain and suffering caused by a car accident.

In addition to the amount of insurance coverage that is available under the automobile insurance policy of the driver or drivers responsible for the accident, there may also be additional insurance available under your own automobile insurance policy or the policy of a household member. This benefit is called under-insurance as it will potentially provide additional compensation for your pain and suffering if there is inadequate insurance available under the insurance of the responsible driver. In cases where the responsible driver was not insured or left the scene of the accident without being identified, you can access a similar benefit under your insurance policy referred to as uninsured benefits.

Click here to learn about No-Fault (PIP) benefits

Whatever the facts and circumstances, if you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, you want to make sure that you get the medical treatment that you need without ending up paying for the medical bills. You also want to make sure that you are properly compensated for your lose wages and for your pain and suffering resulting from the accident. In order to do that, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer who is knowledgeable of all of the terms, conditions and coverages of the automobile insurance policy, who knows how to deal with insurance companies and who is determined to get you what you deserve for the suffering that was caused by your accident. At Yellin & Hyman, you will find just such an attorney.

With offices conveniently located in Franklin and Hyde Park, Yellin & Hyman, PC is

readily available to assist you with your most urgent and pressing legal needs.

Contact a Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney for a free consultation

For more information or to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer, please contact Yellin & Hyman today.